September 30, 2011

Grunge

What is Grunge?. As you may read in Wikipedia, Grunge is a sub genre of alternative rock that emerged during the mid-1980s in the American state of Washington, particularly in the Seattle area. But what I'm trying to say here, is of course about the Grunge Style in clothing. 

Grunge clothing, commonly worn by grunge musicians consisted of thrift store items and the typical outdoor clothing (most notably flannel shirts) of the region, as well as a generally unkempt appearance. The style did not evolve out of a conscious attempt to create an appealing fashion; Sub Pop's Jonathan Poneman said, "This [clothing] is cheap, it's durable, and it's kind of timeless. It also runs against the grain of the whole flashy aesthetic that existed in the 80s."

I found myself attracted to those kind of clothing unconsciously ... as I have checked flannel shirts/shirt dress quite a few .. :)

To me, it's just appealing for its comfort, durable and timeless .. oh yes, and it's gotta be cheap too (go ahead stick your tongue, throw me your disgusted look, I won't care!) ... :p

 

No comments:

Post a Comment