September 6, 2011

Curtain making

I've been searching for a perfect fabric to make curtain for our bedroom. It's the only window at home that was still "bare" and "naked" ... I wanted something special for our bedroom, something to set a mood, an ambiance, that also feels "modern" and "chic". So, I thought, choosing the right fabric is very important.

The right fabric. Right in texture, thickness, pattern and colour .. and in the right price, off course. It wasn't easy you know .. I looked everywhere in fabric stores, DIY stores, in flea market and in Ikea. Visits to those shops and places took me 5 months before I decided that I should decide which fabric I want to use ..

... and surprise! I've found new fabric stock in Ikea today!. I didn't see this one before, it's NEW and the colour is just exactly what I was imagined .. beige, gray, white .. easy to blend with other colour of our existing furniture and the apartment's white paint. And most importantly, the price is just perfect! CHF 5,95/m. 

I quickly picked the fabric, measured 4m long (it's 1,50m width), cut it and put it in price tag machine .. the machine showed 4,30m .. well, 30cm more than I was intended, but I thought it's better to take 30cm more for hemming, etc. So I went ahead and bought it.


Back home, I cut the length in half, sew the raw edges, sew the curtain ribbon and took it up in window's rail .. et voilà! ... I'm quite happy with the result :)


No comments:

Post a Comment