January 7, 2013

Pleated Tunic with Matching Scarf

I found this pretty white "coton de soie" or silk cotton with black embroidery in "Coupons de Saint-Pierre", Montmarte, Paris on our year-end holiday in Paris last time. It's a last-minute purchase. "Something" brought me inside the textile shop after 3 rounds I went inside (yes, 3 rounds mean 3 times I went back and forth) .. The shop only sells "Coupons" like the shop name, meaning they mostly sell ready cut-fabrics in 3 meters length. So this fabric I've bought was a lovely find inside mountains of ready-cut fabrics.

Let me tell you a story .. I got this habit of imagining things, how some fabrics would turn out, the final result. What I wanted to do with them, how I'd like to handle them, etc .. The fabrics spoke for it self! .. you must think I'm a bit crazy, right? .. well, think what you like .. but I'm crazy in love with this fabric! and I'm very pleased with the result I've made today! :D




Now are you agree with me? you still think I'm crazy talking to fabrics? :D
This tunic I made with white satin lining, size S/M with a matching scarf.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment