June 30, 2011

"If you are walking to seek, ye shall find .."

I'm glad I've spent a blissful afternoon today. My mind was so messed up in the morning, but the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow. After lunch I took my eldest daughter to school and took my youngest daughter with me to my fave handicraft shop, the Brico Dancet in Rue Dancet not too far from where we live.

My daughter asked if she could also have some crepe paper for her "project", and I said yes she could have 2 colors while I looked for some ribbon. The shop keeper said I should look for a better collection in Textiles Acacias ..

I already knew about the place, but always forgot to stop by, forgot because I also thought that the fabrics they sell are waaaayy beyond my "tiny" budget, but I said I'll give it a try to find something there .. I bought a ribbon in Brico Dancet too though, it's a ribbon with words "Fait par Maman" print on it. I need some printed ribbon to attach on my handmade clothes for the girls, so I bought 2m of it.

Then we went to Textile Acacias, my daughter slept on the way there so I have all my time to look for some "bargain" fabrics, laces and ribbon .. I got some lovely leftover fabrics, lace and ribbons. I saw so many lovely fabrics there .. but once again, it's beyond my budget, so I'm happy enough to got some good bargain today.

Suddenly I felt that my thoughts come clearly while I walked home. The weather's just nice with a fresh air blew on my face, the sun wasn't as hot as usual on a summer afternoon .. I really enjoyed my walk, really enjoyed my new fave shop, enjoyed what I've found .. and to top it off, when I got home, I got a friend asked to do some sewing project for her friend's interior design's shop .. oh well, it's just making some cushions, but well .. I don't know .. I'm still learning to sew and I haven't sewn any cushions yet .. maybe someday, I should give it a try too .. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment