June 3, 2011

Orang Paisley Tunic


I found an interesting book from Yoshiko Tsukiori in one of a DIY store (Migros Brico-Loisirs) near where we live. In the craft section on top of the rack I saw this Japanese sewing book translated in French, called "Ma Petite Garde-robe". I quickly picked it up, flicked through the pages, got interested to buy one .. but, it's a bit too expensive .. so what to do? .. I'll wait, I said to my self ..

I didn't buy coffee for about a week to save some money to buy the book .. and after a week, I nearly died .. ehehehe .. :-D .. I was still short of money for "Mes loisirs créatifs " and I think I just gotta be patient until I got a paycheck :-p

See how much sacrifice I'd let my self into by not drinking coffee for a week?! .. haha .. and that's only to buy a book!, a silly sacrifice for some, but worth it for others, like me. I got the book (finally) and start making one lovely tunic for myself .. I didn't need to buy so many summer outfit anymore, if I'd buy any it's definitely on a bargain (sale items) not more than CHF 15, mostly below CHF 10 and I'm happy with it.

Now, enough stories .. let's get busy!! .. here I used a fabric bought from a friend in Singapore, from the moment I saw the orange paisley fabric, I knew I wanted to make a tunic (tunique), or kaftan, or baju kurung (in my language) .. I just need to find a matching laces for the neckline. Once I got the perfect laces (the pretty orange lace I bought in BricoDancet, Rue Dancet for CHF 2.90/m) and the white lace in Manor. I made the tunic in size 38 I finished sewing all the parts this afternoon and once it's finished I just love it .. I put it on it fits me perfectly .. *happy face* :)

No comments:

Post a Comment