June 2, 2010

To sew or not to sew ..

It's been a month since I bought a sewing machine. I'm still learning and try to improve my sewing skill. I've been making skirts, sundresses, blouses and bags, all girl's stuff so far. I've been reading sewing books that I've found interesting from a nearby library. I also bought some "easy" sewing books I've found in bookstores and am thinking of joining the weekend dressmaking class in a community center in our neighborhood. So, yes, I think I fell in love with this activity, I'd never thought that it can be so much fun and relaxing ..

In one fine day, I can sew all day as soon as everyone's gone to school and office. I have stocks of lovely fabrics now, all below S$10 (mostly around S$ 3 to S$ 5 a meter/yard) that I've sourced in various textile centers here in Singapore. From Arab Street to Chinatown, from downtown mall to nearby market. While still in a beginner level, I opted mostly cotton fabrics for kids and I've chosen a simple pattern or an easy projects without pattern. So far, so good .. my kids are happy and I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment