June 2, 2010

Skirts

Girls wear skirts, not pants! :-)

Ha! .. actually I wore t-shirts, jeans and shorts most of the times .. but then I remember my mom-in-law said that we women, should dress up like women and men should dress up like men. She also said men shouldn't wear jeweleries and they should not choose pink, red, yellow and other 'girly' color for their clothes. That's why my husband doesn't have a wedding ring and his clothes mostly in the shades of blue, white, grey or black.

Skirt is the first thing I've learned to sew. It was really awful at first, but I keep on making more skirts to improve my sewing skills. Tiered skirt for my daughters then a simple ruffle elastic skirts. I've learned to make it by asking my friends who's already advanced in sewing and got their tips and advice of how to make it look neat.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, I have the same opinion as your mother-in-law, but Rika doesn't like skirts :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, jeans are more practical I think ...

    ReplyDelete