June 4, 2010

Puffball Skirt Memory ..


This skirt makes me remember my sis. She made one for me when I was a teenager in junior school. I was invited for a class party at the end of school year and had nothing trendy to wear .. out of the blue she came out with this idea of chopping off my old dress and turned it into a puffball skirt like this ... amazing! she'd never learned how to sew and she hand stitched my skirt! ... it was the loveliest skirt I've ever had ..

I proudly wore it to the class party and felt that everyone's heads were turning at me when I walked into the room .. I've never felt so confident walked into a party alone before, but that night I remembered the party was held at my girlfriend's home and the host's handsome brother asked me to dance .. it was one of the wonderful party I've ever had in my teen years and thanks to the skirt that my sis made for me, I felt so special that night ...

Sis, thank you for your generosity and creativity .. even if you said you prefer hiking on the mountain, flying and paragliding .. and your favorite clothes item is t-shirt .. you still had the time and efforts to make a skirt for your little sis :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment