October 21, 2016

Lining isn't a scary thing (anymore)

It's been a while I keep thinking of making a proper jacket. Proper here means, a fully lined jackets. Jackets that entirely lined. Yeah, yeah, boring for you who already done this, maybe, but to me it's completely new. Sure, I've done jackets before, they're using facings. But those kind of jackets we could only wear as a light cover-ups in mid-seasons kind of weather, but we live in Europe, and Switzerland particularly, winter too cold for light jackets. We need wool, we need fleece and knits.

So, I made up my mind, I must make my winter creations "properly" according to the season. I must learn to make a fully lined jacket. I must get this knowledge because a jacket that is fully lined will look more neat and professionally made. I decided to bring them on December's Marché de créateurs in Geneva (if I got selected again this year and I really hope so).

I started by making children jackets for girls and I choose colorful fleece fabrics for this. I'm happy with the results. I use cotton fabrics for all of the jackets lining, with different prints and colors because I think cotton is comfortable for kids and the prints make the jackets look fun and unusual. I do it on purpose as I wanted my winter collection this time to look standout and unique. I will also make fun capes again, of course, but as I already brought them last year, I want this year to be a little bit different (and better), so I prepared better too, from choosing fleece, patterns, and just using creativity to make each of my creations unique :)

PP - Winter 2016 Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment