August 14, 2016

Holiday is over!

Hello again!


We were just returning from summer vacation last Thursday and I guess I have a lot to share here. While still on a vacation I received an email from the boutique manager asking for more summer stocks for her boutique in Vevey. In fact she told me that 6 pieces of my creations had been sold and she was asking if we could meet up. I replied her email saying that we're still on holiday and I won't be able to meet her before 11 August. She said okay, she'll wait.

This new chapter of our collaboration wasn't that easy, The manager gave 3 months probation period for my creations (just like an employee in any other company), if they could sell them to their customers then I'm saved, otherwise my contract ended. That's why I felt so relieved knowing half of my creations that the manager hand picked for the boutique were sold.

otherwise my contract ended. And this is in Switzerland .. where the standard of quality is high and I can't predict if their client would appreciate my creations .. That's why I'm so relieved .. half of 12 pieces that the manager hand picked for the boutique were sold.

I received the good news while I'm in the mall with my 2 girls after my sewing class. Oh, I forgot to tell that I took one week made to measure kebaya class while vacationing in Jakarta as I wanted to make the most of my holiday there.

I'm so happy with the news, it means I could continue to put my creations in the boutique.

Maybe I'm just lucky. 
Many people can sew. Many people have more sewing, designing, pattern-making skills than I do. But what I believe is that each one of us has different journey, different stories.


When I started to learn how to sew a while ago, to me it's some kind of a "healing" process. We all have wounds from past life experiences and turbulences, and me no exception. Sewing soothes my wounds.

Starting Petits Pas - handmade creation only 3 yrs ago from zero (and with minimum experience) has brought my life a lot better and happier personally. It taught me to be patience that success is a slow-ripening fruit of your hard work and struggle. That learning is a lifetime process to be a better you.

And to know that you have life partner and friends who support you and knowing exactly how it is trying to live out of your passion, is a cherry on the cake, it makes this life sweeter.

new summer creation in progress



No comments:

Post a Comment