September 21, 2013

Fashion Week

I subscribed to news feed from some of designers that I appreciate for their designs and work, also from some fashion mags through their website and FB fan page. Something has caught my attention when I saw updates from British Vogue Milan Fashion Week which has just started. I read their article about a new designer name Stella Jean : http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/spring-summer-2014/ready-to-wear/stella-jean
 
What caught my attention was that she used her African ethnic fabrics and she's proud of it.
And her remarks:

They are ethnic, she says, in the truest sense: "the word liberated from Western abuse and manipulators, to be returned to its authentic and far more egalitarian routes".


Her mission is very close to what I was trying to bring here, although her level of skills and professionalism were waaaaaaayy beyond my little steps .. but if you remember the project that I've done for my summer course for stylisme class last July, this is what exactly I had in mind too. My title for the collection in the project was: "Back To The Roots" collection. You may see what it's like here: BACK TO THE ROOTS - Collections
 
I wish one day I could be so lucky. That I could continue adding my skills to the more advanced level. I have already planned some possible steps that hopefully could be realized next year. Yes, I'm full of dreams, I'm full of hopes ... May God lead me ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment