August 18, 2010

Semi Circular Skirt

This is my second project in sewing class. I was so left behind everybody, just because I've missed 3 classes out of 8 in total. This Saturday will be the last class for beginner level - part 01. I have to finish at least 3 projects, and the next part we'll be making pants, men's shirt with collar and a culotte.

Today I decided to make the semi circular skirt. I have this fabulous Batik from a friend that I think would be awesome to make it into a skirt. Here I try it on without the waistband and zipper attached (I need to overlock the edges with a serger first, I need to use the one in the classroom) .. but more or less, this is how it looks like :-)


To make this skirt is very simple, actually .. I wonder why I didn't go and try to make it earlier :-). We just need to measure our waist and the length of the skirt we wanted to make.
The math is only: [waist measurement] /4 +3 ; so if your waist is 60 cm/4+3 = 18 cm. This is the number we use to make the small circle.

Note:
the teacher gave us this little tips: if your waist measure around [58-62] /4+3 ; if bigger, let say [63-80]/4+5 -- I don't know why, but that's the trick :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment