September 9, 2015

Journèe Culturelle

Last weekend (Saturday 05 September 2015) I participated in a cultural day organized by Indonesian Association in Geneva (AIJ). There were music performances, dance, martial art demonstration, traditional food stalls and handicrafts.
 
It was a success. People appreciated my creations. I sold 3 of my creations and took some custom orders too. I didn't imagine that the visitors could be so enthusiastic and even 2 of my creations bought by locals (which means foreign women, who love Indonesian unique, ethnic fabrics). I sold both of my songket dresses and tenun rangrang skirt! awesome.
 
It was tiring, but I'm happy. I heard people said that my works is neat and like a boutique made. I feel grateful, my hard work paid off.
 
And today, as I'm still doing people orders, I received an email from Ateapic boutique commercial assistant that 2 of my creations (dresses) are sold and I will receive the 80% commission in my bank account. Great! so it's true what people said, my work it actually is a neat boutique "standard" :D
 
Here, I'd like to share a picture of my stand at the cultural day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment