October 1, 2014

Ice skating costume

One of the mom from daughter's school asked if I could propose a design and make a costume for her daughter's ice skating championship on mid-October. I said I'd try, I never make any costume before, although I designed (drew) her one costume last year (free of charge). 

She said the theme will be about "jungle", so we discussed through texting in whatsapp messenger, exchanged pictures to show what kind of costume dress she'd like (and her daughter's would like to wear). Also, we need the coach approval too. Finally we settled with "Jane" dress in leopard print. 

Last weekend I went to fabric shop in Annemase (FR) and found a leopard print fleece. It's quite stretchy although it's not a stretch fabric, and it also quite warm for the girl's costume in skating rink. The fleece fabric is large enough (about 150 cm large) so I guess a meter would be enough for an 8-9 yo girl costume.


Then I asked the mom to bring her daughter's tank top to be able to draw a pattern and I did the top today and told the mom to let her daughter try it on first to see if it fits her and could go through (because if it couldn't, I could put an invisible zip on the side of the dress). I guess it's quite fun to do a costume, actually :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment