December 21, 2012

Sewing delicate lace

Do you know how to bring sunshine in the rainy days? ... go to a textile shop! hehe :D
Last Monday morning that's exactly what I did, and look what I found in their "coupons" or leftover fabrics box! a lovely lace fabric in a caramel color! ... I snapped it right away!

The fabric was only 140x80 cm length, but I determined to make it into something nice .. and it was just a perfect match with caramel stretch fabric I got previously (in the same leftover box and shop!) haha .. so it's a fate, that they're meant to be together ...



I wanted to make it into something "simple" but beautiful .. as this was my first attempt to sew this kind of fabric. So, I've done it. I conquered my fears of working using delicate fabrics such as lace. I've been avoiding it but now I fear no more! and I'm planning to look for similar lace in black or other dark color, as I have this splendid imagination in my mind ... I'll get back with more lace project, later .. like maybe, next year! haha .. well, next year is only one week away .. we've planned to go to Paris for year-end holiday (and I planned to purchase some fabrics again in St. Pierre) .. so, wait for me 'kay? .. I'll post about my purchasing trip later, promise! :D

Sooo here's my newly festive season's caramel lace tunic :

the making

the result ..

the happy me :D



No comments:

Post a Comment