November 9, 2011

Making children winter coat

Let's face it, winter come whether we like it or not ..

We need to cover up, wrap our self in many layers of clothes to protect our self from cold weather .. I saw some pretty winter coats in shop windows but the price sometimes a bit ridiculous .. but whether we want to buy or not, our children still needs warm clothes .. and need them fast! .. so, think! think! think! .. wools fabric isn't cheap .. fleece fabric price range in a textile shop also above my usual budget .. so how much your budget, anyway?! well, at least the same prices as the fabrics they sell in a flea market .. eheheh .. look, I knew that money they don't fall down from a tree, and I also know that winter clothes are essentials .. so how? ... make one!! ... what about the fabric? .. use cotton doubled with fleece (blankets) from Ikea for only chf 4,95/blanket and it's large enough to make 2 children coats, 2 scarfs .. and what else? maybe a hat later on? ... 
And here it is, my first attempt making children coat doubled with fleece blankets .. if daughter love it and proud to wear it, then I'm happy and proud too ... :D

** the coat isn't "perfect" yet, but well .. I'm trying .. hopefully it gets better the second time or third time around :)


done with a coat zipper

inside the tram

out in the park




No comments:

Post a Comment