January 6, 2017

Creation for Spring-Summer 2017

Holiday isn't over yet and winter is just getting colder .. but I already started to make spring/summer creations. New year is time for a new start, making new plans or "resolutions" .. although I prefer not to call it as a resolutions, just a plan, something to look forward to, something to get excited for .. we all need this, right?.

Well, sorry to disappoint you, but my resolutions, emm .. my plans .. I prefer to keep the list in my agenda, not in my blogs or social media. I did some reflections during the last month of 2016 and decided to be more quiet in cyberspace .. I just want to keep personal plans, personal. I shared enough, too much maybe, so this year I'll try to be more thoughtful, and pull my self away from negative thoughts and negative affects of social media. Something like a brief "hiatus" and concentrate more on learning new skills and tricks for my creations (both sewing and writing) ..


To open this new year with simplicity and colors, I made this top (blouses). I got the fabric from a friend as a gift, the color wasn't what I usually pick myself, but that's the interesting part! .. it's more challenging, I think. 

As the fabric has dragonflies and butterflies print all over it, I thought it would be fun for children clothing, but it could be something else, too .. so, I keep in mind: simple design (as the print already so busy and colorful) but neat finishing and a well-thought details when using/cutting the restricted (around 2 m long) fabric.


It came out quite satisfying ... 
I managed to use the 2 m long batik dobby fabric into 2 blouses (a matching blouse for mom & daughter). I was very happy to be able to finish the two of them in one day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment