January 3, 2014

Start with simplest start ..

On the 2nd day of New Year (which was yesterday), I returned a call from the organizer of an exhibition that will be held in Morges 1-4 May 2014. She called me while I was on vacation. She asked me if I still want to participate and congratulated me on my first collection in a boutique.
 
I'm so grateful to meet lovely personalities so far when doing exhibition or collaboration with a boutique. I thank God for His generosity so I could meet special people like them. They're all kind, helpful, professional, humble and generous ... if doing business with them, I don't feel some kind of "intimidation" like when we work in other business (office, big corporate, etc ..) well, you know ... I used to work for Vuitton (LV) branch in Indonesia and I know how it felt like.
 
Well, I don't want to talk about that anymore, anyway it's over 15 years ago. Now I'm happy with what I do and what I have achieved in a year. 2013 was my special year. I hope 2014 will also bring me special outcome. I know that to get to this point I've done hard works day in, day out. But because I love what I'm doing, it didn't feel so hard, I enjoyed it and I'm still very exciting to create more for this year! that's why I plan to participate again in an exhibition on May this year. It will be the only exhibition for this year, why? because I don't think I will go back to do an exhibition in Palexpo in autumn.
 
My priorities now is this exhibition in May, special orders from clients and creations for the boutique (which I need to hand them in March for Spring-Summer collections). So with those priorities in mind, today I start with a simple start: sewing jersey. It could be a tshirt, a dress, anything .. I'd like to try out more techniques that I've never tried before like: making a rolled hem with a serger, and double stitch hem for the tshirt using a double needle. Those technical skills in sewing that I think I must posses to make my creations look more like "professionals" (industrial) ... like those outfits that we see in the store :)
 
I note this for my self:
"Don't be afraid to make mistake. Because by making a mistake you learned something, you are making new things, trying new things, changing yourself, pushing yourself, you're doing things you've never done before"  

No comments:

Post a Comment